CYTOCON (Cell and cYTOkine CONcentrations) is an initiative project undertaken by InSysBio team and aimed at the development of a database that allows collecting, processing and visualizing publicly available data on immune cells and cytokine baseline concentrations in humans.
CYTOCON DB is a database of human baseline concentrations of cytokines and cells measured in different tissues of healthy subjects and patients suffering from various pathologies.
CYTOCON team makes an effort in two directions: the collection and processing of appropriate data on human immune cell and cytokine concentrations available in public domain (content of CYTOCON DB) and the development of tools/methods for processing, extraction and visualization of the data (CYTOCON DB).
Key features of CYTOCON DB:
- Search for cell/cytokine concentration for selected disease, tissue (or a group of diseases and tissues), patient group.
- Search query for cell concentration may include a list of cell markers: i.e. for Th2-cell - CD4+, IL4+
Search query may include following patient group attributes:
- demographic characteristics (age, race, gender, etc);
- number of patients in the study.
Search query may take into account disease-specific clinically measured characteristics, for example:
- Asthma: FEV1;
- SLE: SLEADAI 2K range, interferon signature;
- Atopic Dermatitis: SCORAD range, severity, range of IgE concentration;
- Unification of measurement units: conversion of source original units to “pM” for cytokine and “kcell/L” for cell concentration.
- Table representation of search results: average value and dispersion of concentration of cell/cytokine in original and unified units, tissue type, data source, patient group and disease attributes are specified.
- Graphic representation of search results: average value, dispersion, source.
- Export of search results in csv format
Content of CYTOCON DB:
- Airway (bronchial) epithelium
- Airway lamina propria
- Airway smooth muscle
- Benign lung lesion homogenates
- Blood arterial
- Bone marrow
- Bronchial glands
- Bronchial mucosa
- Bronchial subepithelial tissue
- Bronchial submucosa
- Bronchial tissue
- Bronchial wash
- Bronchoalveolar carcinoma tumor tissue
- Broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL)
- Colonic lamina propria
- Endobronchial (airway) biopsies
- Exhaled Breath Condensate
- Induced Sputum
- Intratumor soft tissue of synovial sarcoma
- Invasive margin of tumor soft tissue of synovial sarcoma
- Lesional dermis
- Lesional epidermis
- Lesional skin
- Lung adenocarcinoma tumor tissue
- Lung cancer tissue
- Lung tissue
- Lymph node
- Melanoma tumor tissue
- Non-lesional dermis
- Non-lesional epidermis
- Non-lesional skin
- NSCLC tumor islets (nests)
- NSCLC tumor stroma
- NSCLC tumor tissue
- Peripheral bronchial biopsy specimens
- Plasma arterial
- Pleural effusion
- Squamous cell carcinoma tumor tissue
- Stroma region of colon
- Suction Blister Fluids
- Transbronchial (alveolar tissue) biopsies
- Tumor region of colon
- 6704 values of cytokine/cell concentrations;
- data extracted from 396 papers/other public sources.
CYTOCON DB is developed as a web application based on the ASP.NET MVC framework. It works under Microsoft IIS web server. The data warehouse is a Microsoft SQL Server database. The user interface application is implemented using Telerik Kendo UI and Bootstrap.
Demo version of CYTOCON DB.
To access demo version of CYTOCON DB, please visit www.cytocon-demo.insysbio.com.
The access to the full version of CYTOCON DB can be obtained via purchasing the commercial license. To arrange the purchase, please contact us by email: email@example.com